• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably located in several of these threads someplace, but I can't find it. Instant glue or underwater curing adhesive!

I'm reconstructing a 125g reef that crashed where all but the sand and a few small critters on the LR seem to have died. I'm going to convert this reef to an internal overflow box. I had planned on draining the tank down to where I'd drill the the through the back wall bulkhead, then "gluing" the overflow in place. However, the silicone recommended says to wait 72 hours before it's cured enough for the water. OUCH! Is there any "instant" or near instant way to "glue" this overflow in place so I can be back up and running within a couple of hours? I don't want to take all the sand and LR out of the tank.

Much thanks. You folks are a huge source of good info. I had exclusively used Fishnet until I found this place.

Hal

Oh yeh, did I see someone had invented an inexpensive rotating nozzle return (less expensive Sea Swirl type device)?

aliendomain

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hfmann,
There are adhesives out there for marine application. One is the aquastick, although I don't think it will stick to glass (no pun intended). The other is a two part marine epoxy but I can't remember the name. It sets up in a few hours and sticks to anything. I had a T. Derasa that was cracked by a mantis shrimp, I thought it was a goner but I patched it's shell with this stuff and it not only lived but grew to 12'' before I sold it to a friend. I got some of this epoxy at a plastics and acrylic supply house called reed's plastics in MD. Let me know if you want me to hunt down the name for you, I think I still have some left in one of my many boxes of fish stuff (you know how it goes).
Aliendomain

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alien,

Thanks for you response and offer to track the product down. I went ahead with the total tank breakdown and siliconed the overflow in place.
So there's no need to go to the research effort. Thanks again.

Hal

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: