• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ChrisIsBored

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My canopy is 10" tall and the MH's + Spiderlight reflectors have been connected. Now I need some way to get the 72" VHO actinics to hang a few inches lower than the MH bulbs.

Anyone have any good ideas/pics on what type of material to use to create some sort of standoff to connect to the German Endcaps?

I'd love to hear/see what others are doing to lift the VHO's off the canopy roof.

Here's a pic of my canopy so far...

1025.jpg

8)

texasreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could get some pieces of 1/4" plywood or acrylic and drill a hole large enough for the bub to slip through. It looks like from your picture that you have a some raised platforms that your MH's are mounted on. You could mount the hangers to the side of the platform and cut it to the length you need to clear the MH's.

Or you could attach piece of wood off the sides of your canopy to mount the endcaps to it. If you use a strip of 3/4" underneath the wood to help support it.

ChrisIsBored

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wound up playing around with some lexan/acylic and created this:

vho1.jpg

The 72" VHO's are so long though, that I can only fit one bulb using this type of standoff(at the front where the reflectors aren't in the way). I'm heading to Home Depot tomorrow for more lexan(longer) so I can create a different sized one that I can use without the Spiderlight reflectors being in the way...

ReefMon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just re-mounted my VHO's in my 180, as you can see I just added some wood blocks to the sides of the canopy and mounted the endcaps to them.

canopy.jpg

Happy Reefing!
Glenn R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: