• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

glenn10

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone please tell me what this looks like and where I can find it. Home Depot did not carry it in my town.

Thank you

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found it at Home Depot but it wasn't in the regular plumbing section. They had it with the underground sprinkler tubing and fittings along with some of the other parts I was looking for. The people in the plumbing section didn't know ehere to get it and I just happened to ask another employee who turned out to be a manager.

Brian, what do you mean by "socket"
only has socket ones

same as "slip" fitting?

Hal

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Lowes; they have more schedule 80 fittings then HD and maybe this one. BTW, I've found the schedule 80 (gray) threaded fittings to be much more leak-proof than sched 40. I don't know why, except maybe the quality control is higher (better thread cutting)

Matt

Unresistible Blue

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture of the reactor shows schedue 40 fittings - and I think the reactor would probably look better this way. Any one found a source for schedule 40 1/2" threaded unions?

My usual supplier for speciality pvc, www.Savko.com, doesn't carry them.

Blue

Unresistible Blue

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked at yet another Home Depot, and bought the threaded unions for, are you ready for this.... 1 cent each. I can get a bunch more if anyone needs them.

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here Unresistable! I thought it was just a local thing. I bought a dozen several weeks ago and the guy offered me two whole boxes of 40 for 1 cent each!

Be careful though. The department manager told me they were getting rid of them because the little rubber O ring doesn't fit snugly and tends to fall out. He told me to just dab a little silicone lubricant on it and that would keep it in place. Works like a charm!

Cool deal huh!

Hal

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: