• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The download module is seeing excessive downloads. I have not checked the logs yet but if someone is sharing their account with someone they will be removed from the course and will not be able to jon other classes. If for some reason you have downloaded or tried to download the plans multiple times please post it here. The MACO admins just do not want to have to dig through logs to catch the culprits.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have downloaded them several times. When we download, nothing shows us where the lesson is being download too. That is another reason to go ahead and down load it again and agian.

Louey

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've downloaded several times as well. Mainly the lessons and the parts lists. This has been from my home computer, work computer and from my folks place where I'll be doing all the work (Dad's got a nice shop).

Mirdok

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've downloaded from Work and from home. Home to view and use. Work to print and save. Let me know ifyou want and I can get the IP addresses for you to crosscheck.

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, Bill.

I've downloaded several times from each of several computers. Sometimes I just looked at the document without saving it to my computer for later reference. Sometimes, with a fast connection it's just plain easier to download it again than figure out exactly where and if I stored it on the particular computer I'm using at the moment.

I know I've used at least three different computers to access the information. One of the great things about this online course is that we can access the information anyplace, from any computer, as long as we've got a connection.

Hal

Kabob

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One cause may be because the downloads are in .pdf format unless I explicitly tell it to save to disk IE just launches Acrobat. I suspect this goes into a temp dir and is deleted once I close it, hence requiring another download when I hit it again. Maybe it doesn't work like this but this is what I suspect.

Jason

Casie

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*nods at Kabob*

It took me a download to learn to "Save As" when it automatically launches Acrobat. So you will see 2 downloads of week one for me. =P

Snowman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as most, down loading at work and home I keep a note book at both just incase I need to day dream for a little while.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: