• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else been able to download the plans? I got the email saying they were posted, but no go. If there's some patient sould who's had success with this, please clue me in.

Thanks, Matt

tld

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them. I'm on dial-up, so I expect everything to be slow. I had given up on the pdf version - I clicked on it - it looked like something was happening, then nothing. So I moved on to the .doc file and got it downloaded. As I was checking on the chat thing and discussion board, Acrobat Reader popped up with the pdf version that I tried to get first.

HTH,
Teresa

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teresa;

Can you explain exactly what you did? Here's what I did: Clicked on "downloads", got a window that had two options, "upload" and "show files" plus a notice that said permission was needed to upload.

I clicked on "show files" got a new window with nothing but the same stuff. There is a little bar for "select category" and view, but nothing happens with either of them.

Thanks, Matt

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guy's logged on at the Maco site? If not, permission will be denied!

Louey

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at Matt's problem. It seems like the MACO folks don't have him set up right. I sent them an email. If koadog has the same issues, I'm betting it's the same problem.

BRIAN

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will Check on them as soon as I get a moment. We had a lot of last minute registrations that I could have missed some

ChaoticReefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Koadog,
Go ahead and try to access the plans now. It should be working now. Your username was accidently overlooked while permissions were being set up. Please accept my apology. It is bounded to happen when you are adding 50+ users to a group. Again, please accept my apologies. Thanks for bringing up your problem to our attention, because we don't want to leave anyone out. Let me know if you need any further help.

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you are correct. The category of "plans" is a misnomer. It's the narrative for the class. Perhaps Bill or CR will change that...

BRIAN

Kazorp

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a couple of tries and thank to Brian I got a reply from Shane it's not the plans but it is the lessons: it works.

If you are having trouble navigating the website, please email one of the
three MACO administrators:

Bill C.: [email protected]
Bill G.: [email protected]
Shane G.: [email protected]

Brian needs to stay focused on writing up lesson material and getting things
around for the next class.

To answer your question:

1) Log in at the MACO website: http://www.reefs.org/maco/index.php
2) Find the DIY: Calcium Reactor menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
3) Underneath that, click on the Downloads link
4) On the next screen, click on the Show Files link
5) In the Select a Category dropdown box, select anything that has to do
with "Calcium Reactor" and download all the files that are there or any new
ones since your last visit.

hth

Shane
Admin, MACO

AquariaUSA

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But not the DIY. I thought maybe CR may have created another login for me, but still only see the Coral Biology menu on the left after logging in. Brian sent me the mateials sheet by email, but I would like to try and download the plans without taking up any more of his time. Thanks, AquariaUSA

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: