• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Nano-Neophyte

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the quality of plumbing parts at Home Depot? Are there any parts you wouldn't get there? Ball valves? check valves?

What is YOUR prefered source?

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The home improvement stores near me sell fittings from companies like Spears and Lasco, so it's the same stuff you're going to get anywhere else. I've used lots of this stuff with no problems.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Im stating the obvious but you're talking about PVC fittings right? Assuming yes I agree with wolfman. Its the same stuff you get anywhere else. If you know any plumbers see if you can buddy up to them and use their account at the local plumbing supply place.

jersey1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For schedule 40 gate valves, ball valves, unions and wye's I have to order from savco. The stores near me only carry them in schedule 80.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Despot's range of supplies is sorely limited. I am ending up at my local irrigation supply (where Dennis is so fine) for the rest.

rwillden

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished a DIY KalkReactor, and I found the highest quality fittings, and best prices at a local pool supply house. They even carry clear schedule 40 PVC for $13 a foot. That's cheaper than anyplace I've ever heard.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: