• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

desertfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 75gal AGA with a built in overflow. I want to have it drilled for a future closed looped system. I plan on using a mag 9.5 or 1200 when I do install it. I need suggestions on where to drill the wholes and what size bulkheads to use for the drain and return(s).
Thanks,
David

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

Here is my two cents.

Where you place your drains and returns is up to you. That all depends on the planned arrangement of the life in your tank.

The size is another matter entirely and one easily dealt with. Find out the size of the fittings on the pump you intend to use and that will be the size of your return. The drain from the tank to the pump should be oversized so that the pump gets all the water it needs. Remember also that most of our drains have strainers on them, which can drastically cut down the water flow when they get dirty.

Have fun plumbing and realize I am not a plumber and I do not play one in RL.

Bryan

FishyMarty

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody know if the SCWD Wavemaker makes any mechanical noise? (Can you tell I'm married...) This thing looks hot- I'm going to order one upon recommendations from the folks here on the board...
Regards,
Marty

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make no noise, i've got one on my 5g desktop nano, ran by a maxijet 1200 closed loop, alternates every 15 seconds.

L8r mega

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: