• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

madrefkepr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to get 6" OD cast acrylic tube? So far, I have only been able to find up to 4". Everything I have found over 4" is extruded. Thanks!

Acrylics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
madrefkepr":oin2vlz7 said:
Does anyone know where to get 6" OD cast acrylic tube? So far, I have only been able to find up to 4". Everything I have found over 4" is extruded. Thanks!

If you are in any fairly large size city, look in the yellow pages under "plastics, distributors, sheet, rod, tube" or something to this effect.
Look for names like Laird Plastics, GE Polymershapes, Port Plastics, Regal Plastics, Professiional Plastics.
You can look to pay $22-28 per lin ft. depending..

HTH,
James

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, for 6" cast tube (1/4" thick wall) expect to pay at least $35 a foot, probably more, unless you can buy in bulk, or get a great deal. Locally in San Antonio, 4 1/2" tube is almost $3 /in. when bought in small quantity. If you find a great deal, please post!

Thanks, Matt

Acrylics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mattboy":1tfwgf0b said:
Actually, for 6" cast tube (1/4" thick wall) expect to pay at least $35 a foot, probably more, unless you can buy in bulk, or get a great deal. Locally in San Antonio, 4 1/2" tube is almost $3 /in. when bought in small quantity. If you find a great deal, please post!

Thanks, Matt

I guess depending on how much you buy. In full lengths (5' or 6') you shouldn't pay nearly that much. Upon reading your post, I looked at my most recent tube price list. 4 1/2"OD x 1/4" wall is $20.45/ft and 6"OD x 1/4" wall is $21.70/ft. and that's with a distributor making a reasonable profit and not having to buy in bulk. Granted this is my profession, but if you shop around and buy in full lengths you shouldn't have to pay more than $25/ft or so. Hell I'd sell it all day long at $35/ft :)

James

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also get the "Bro Deal" pricing, because of your other purchasing. ;-)

Laird has no quams about charging way to much for everything around here, plus trying to sell extruded product as cast. Personally, I just order from McMaster-Carr.

Also, at $3/", it covers the ship fee, plus the drop material after cutting.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: