• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I plan to start "gluing". With limited time available on weeknights, I'm wondering if its ok to store the weldon #4 in the applicator bottle or does it need to be emptied after each use like the #40? If ok to store in the applicator, for how long?

Mattboy - in last night's chat you had what I thought is a great trick for measuring the #40 parts. Since you aren't mixing the two parts in the syringes, have you been able to clean them out sufficiently for reuse?

Any status report on the powerbuy?

fergy - On mounting pump to the base, you say we can tap holes for the screws. I've never tapped anything before, but bought the tools the other day. Would you give us some directions / tips / tricks for this technique?

Glue on!

Hal

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the pictures, looks like you're using 20 pounds of weight! That seems like a heck of lot more than 1 psi. Is approximately 20 pounds really needed? (I'll have to pile a lot of books up to get that amount! :eek: )

Once the top of the base is glued and flush trimmed, you say we can roundover. Exactly which edges get rounded over?

Getting ready to glue...

Hal

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just grabbed a couple of weights when I did it...I do tend to use that many, though all the literature says you can use less. As I said, increase weight to remove bubbles...

For the roundover, you round all edges which to not touch the base plate...set the box onto the base, and make note of which edges are exposed. These are the ones you can round.

#4 can be stored in the bottle indefinately, so long as it's capped. It will evaporate slowly over time if uncapped, and the ratio of acetic acid to MC will vary due to different evaporation rates.

I'll be around on the chat channel on and off, if you need help.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mattboy - in last night's chat you had what I thought is a great trick for measuring the #40 parts. Since you aren't mixing the two parts in the syringes, have you been able to clean them out sufficiently for reuse?

Yep. The catylist is really thin and evaporative, the resin you just push out with the plunger and clean the nozzle with a pin or something.

Matt (boy)

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, maybe my 1ml syringe is toast. I didn't clean it last time. I'll find out tomorrow when I glue the fittings in place.

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: