• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian
I received a empty envelope from production systems design. All there was is a piece of paper in it. both were ripped. Any way to get a replacement ?
What was it it?
Thanks Russ

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a John Guest fitting. Glad to see our USPS is honest and trustworthy. Bastards have stolen 4 of those now. I specifically asked the counter people if those would be okay to send, and they told me I could, so long as I used that extra postage.

I'll wait a couple of days to see how many others are missing, then send you a replacement.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here Brian. Blank paper. Top of envelope was sealed, but the end had an open "V" flap about the size of a quarter.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't get one either, but maybe if I had given you the right address it might have helped. it is 230 not 203. :roll:
Thank you, David :oops:

tld

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my replacement, but the postal service damaged it - crushed threads and missing collet. I just ordered a couple from McMaster-Carr for replacements. I would have gotten them from Farris, but they have a $300 minimum on first-time orders.

Teresa

Unresistible Blue

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lied above. I got to work this morning after being gone a week and there was an envelope from Production Systems Design in Charlotte - the entire corner of the envelope and enclosed paper were torn off. Envelope was marked up with black smudges like it got stuck in a sorting machine.

Russ

glenn10

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian, I did not receive the part that you mentioned that would be sent out later. No ripped envelope. Just no envelope at all. Can you resend. I will gladly pay.

Glenn

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks

It seems that even though our trusted USPS told me that those packages were fine, and I paid extra postage to send them, it appears I need to put each of those in a box. Now, since it's a $1 piece, and the little boxes will cost me $1, this doesn't seem to make sense. I would request that each person who didn't get one of these in the mail order it from McMaster Carr, who will be better able to deal with proper packaging. Otherwise, I'll be dealing with sending out single fittings for the rest of my life, and as it is now, I would have to order another 50 of them from Farris Enterprises.

McMaster-Carr, Part# 51055K972

Also, if you browse their catalog, pages 135-137 on the website are all John Guest fittings.

BRIAN

Mirdok

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fergy for the link to the item. I fortunately got my piece in the mail. (Seems the USPS in Phoenix only like taking millions in dollars and not little plastic parts.)

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not just these fittings lately...I'm getting other mail that's been opened and taped shut. Screw this "Security" BS.

BRIAN

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: