• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

The books says cut a 1/2" PVC 1-1/2" long and insert into 1/2 coupling. Then install in hole in base lid. It says there should be 3/4" of PVC extending into the base. Mine actually only extends 3/8" into the base.

Should I use a longer piece or not worry about it?

Also, should we glue the pvc in using pvc glue or just push it in?

Louey

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW,

When I put dry fitted the plumbing together using the published length, I seemed way too loose. I cut another piece of 1/2" so it did extend into the base as suggested. My revised lengths of 1/2" pipe are 1 15/16" for the piece that goes through the base top. I really liked the way it fit. Note though, that it did create a problem getting the elbow in place. So what I plan on doing is to put the elbow assembly in first and then glue the piece to the top of the base. Also note I had to make the pipe connecting the elbow and the connector 1 7/16'". This lined the elbow up with the 1/2" hole in the base top. Is there any problem doing it that way?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this original question before reading ahead to see how the thing fits together. Once I did that, i cut a piece 1 3/4" long and that worked fine. I assembled the pieces and blew through it to see if there were any blantant leaks. It was fairly airtight.

I'll be glueing the whole thing to the base bottom today, so my chance to change anything inside is going to pass this afternoon.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: