• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks ok to me Vin. It'll be interesting to see what Fergy says.

What kind of pump is that? Looks like you've got it configured for use as a Kalkwasser reactor. If so, I'm interested in how you're feeding water into the reactor. I'm about to put together one and am fiddling with the input plumbing.

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fine to me. If you want, Lowes or HD often has shorter CobraFlex fittings you could use.

Also, you won't need the bubble counter if you're running this for kalk.

BRIAN

vmiller

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian,

I was talking about the tube connected to the pump output that is pointing up. I'll see if home depot has longer tubes.

The gasket is still leaking after applying vasaline. It must be because of the extra holes I had to make from screwing up the hole punch marks? Can I get a new gasket at home depot too?

hfmann,

The pump is a Mag 2. Inland reef never responded to my inquery about the power buy and the Eheim pumps are not that easy to get. Many places are out of stock.

I plan to have my top off line coming from my ro unit connected to the JG fitting in the PVC tee at the pump's output (reactor input). The output from the lid of the reactor will go through a float valve into the sump. Basically the reactor will be intercepting the flow of my top off line.

I'm not using the bubble counter, but I figured I'd leave it in place in case I decide to every use this reactor for what it's meant for :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: