• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I looked at HD and lowes and couldn't find any. If it available at HD or lowes, what section is it in?

Is it the same stuff that my RO is hooked up with? I can find that at HD, it is just not marked "LDPE".

Louey

vmiller

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At home depot, it's usually in the aisle next to the pvc aisle. It's on a shelf next to the rolls of clear flexible tubing. I think it's sold for refrigerator ice makers. If you mention that, an employee may be able to help you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tube that works with the john guest fittings won't fit onto my AquaMedic regulator that I bought from inland. Should I sand the end down and make it work, or is there some other type tubing that would work. Airline tubing would work on the regulator end, but not the bubble counter end.

Any ideas?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change the fitting on the regulator to a matching John Guest one. Or go to airline tubing, and get a barb-stem adapter for the John Guest end.

BRIAN

mattboy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Louey;

This is strange because I also bought the aquamedic regulator from inland, bought "ice maker" hose from HD, and hooked it right up. The LDPE (ice-maker) hose fit perfectly into the J.G. fitting on the bubble counter, and onto the barb on the regulator. I had to squeeze a bit to get the nut on the LDPE hose, but once the hose was on the barb, the nut screwed in fine.

My guesses are:

1. You don't have the same size LDPE hose that I'm using, or
2. There's a different barb, or you're not finding the right barb, on your regulator. It's 90o counterclockwise from the needle valve; as you're looking at the dials, the needle valve is down and to the left, and the barb is down and to the right. You take off the nut, there's the barb.

Matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: