• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to order the parts for my Closed loop, and was wondering if there's any caveats, tricks, or problems to watch out for. The intakes will be 2x2" pipes coming from the aquarium, and will have to be reduced down to 1" for the Iwaki70 Pump. The return will be split to 2x1" SeaSwirls.
What's the best way to take 2x2-Inch inputs, and reduce them down to a 1x1" intake to the pump? Just PVC Reducers just before the pump?
Thanks.

- Mac

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having seen Siddrow's plumbing pics, I'd contact him. The man really takes pride in his work, and I'm guessing would have more suggestions than I would.

Personally, I would avoid putting the reducers (the best method I know..heck, the only method I know of!) right before the pump inlet, just because I would be concerned about cavitation. I'd allow a few inches at least.

Have you got a diagram worked out that you can post here?

Mac1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks SeaMaiden. I was hoping for a slow day at work, but alas, that hasn't happened in a while. I've got the idea's in my head, just need the time to sketch them out ;) Thanks for the tip about Siddrow. I'll see if I can find some of his old posts.

- Mac

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: