• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

tld

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most of my projects, it seems I have a part left over :? What was the purpose of the 1/2" plug listed in the parts list?

Teresa

cybershark

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't worry Teresa that is the same part that I have left over. :wink:
Purpose was just simply to see how many of us actually had a left over part. :P

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a screw-up on my part. I put two female fittings in the top of the reactors I market, so that thread-in pH probes can be used.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like the idea of putting a pH probe in. Where do you get a probe that screws into the fitting? Or is there someother way to use a standard PinPoint monitor probe?

fergy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinpoint sells "glands" for this purpose. It's a compression fitting that fits around the probe. Other manufacturers make probes with threaded connections. Aquatic Ecosystems sells some of those, but they are 3/4" threads.

BRIAN

hfmann

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks fergy,

I called American Marine for the "glands" and they don't have them. Pointed me to Cole-Parmer but I've got no idea what I be looking for. I searched their online catalog but couldn't come up with anything that seemed like it'd work. HELP! Any other ideas or direction?

Thanks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: