• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

singularity

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got done with the silicon on a 20 gallon long tank to be used as a sump for a 75gallon FOWLR tank.

Water will be coming in from two overflows in the upper-back corners of the main tank (another cheap DIY project I will post about). The left side will be a refugium with a DSB and macro. The right side will house a pump feeding an externally mounted Aqua-C EV-180 skimmer. The middle section, between the two bubble traps, will house the return pump (the Dolphin seen in the background of the picture).

AGA 20 gallon tank that I picked up on sale for $21, and two larger sheets of .10" acrylic from a local hardware store (about $8 for the two sheets). With about $10 worth of tools, the sump costs me about $40 in the end.

Still to do: I am going to re-enforce the wall dividing off the refuguim to that it will hold agains the weight of the sand and water. I also want to build a small stand for running carbon in the sump, probably above the right chamber.

Also in the picture: You can somewhat see my hand-drawn plan for the sump. A lot of research and thinking went into the sump. Definite advice to follow: Plan, plan, plan, and measure eight times and cut once.

IMG_3933.JPG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: