• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Tangboy5000

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a mogul to medium adaptor that should allow us to run an Iwasaki 150 on a 175 ballast. It's brighter, but I don't think it will shorten the life of the bulb. :D

Apophis924

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from what i understand most ballast are desgined to work their best with the a bulb of the same rating. You might want to check with the manufactor to see if that set up might be doing damage to the ballast. But i know for a fact that over driving a bulb WILL shorten its life span. Think of your bulbs life span like a tank of gas, You get more speed at 75 mph But the tank will last alot longer at 55mph. Best thing to do is once the bulb runs out spring for the 175. In the long run it will be cheaper than replacing that one fifty more often because of it burning out prematurely. Or worst case do damge to the ballast.

Apophis924

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if you willing to accpet the price for what you want More power to you, But dont fool yourself into thinking you will have a long life bulb by over driving it. But i agree with you on one point. If thats what you want and you are willing the accept consequenses then go for it!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: