• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I'm setting up a 90g right now and have a couple of questions.

What size tanks are you using for the sump and refugium? I'm having a hell of a time trying to fit both and equipment under the stand.

What size return pump are you using? Is the spraybar around the top on a closed loop or part of the main return?

ryangill

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return mainfold is plumbed into a Dolphin DP 900 it's not a closed loop. That pump sits in a the 20gal(sump) its 24"x12"x (i think)16" the refugium is a 15gal high 20"x10"x(i think)18". Fitting the tanks in was quite a challenge, I went thru many itterations to find the right sizes and actually broke a 15gal high in the process :? . But it turned out to be signifigantly cheaper than a custom acrylic unit that would fit to achieve the same thing.

Modo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. Thanks for the link you PM for the local guy. I'm going to check them out this weekend. I'm having trouble with space especially since I have two external pumps. :cry:

gagnu

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. One question, how did you attach the return manifold PVC to the top of the tank? Looks like plastic tie wraps?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: