• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Cheyd

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
Right up front, I'm a freshie. Freshwater planted tank is what I'm working on, and I've kinda exhausted a lot of the freshwater guys knowledge, so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm setting up a DIY canopy over my DAS 115G Flat-Back Hex. I'm wanting to use two 175W MH to light it with, augmented with a pair of 55W CF's.

What I want to know from you all, since you seem to have done a lot of spectral intensity experiments, are what are some good 175W bulbs with a LOW blue output and HIGHER red (650-700 nm) outputs? I was looking at some HPS Conversion bulbs (HPS that runs on MH ballasts, by EYE) but no one has tried it yet on the planted end. Have any of you?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised you haven't gotten good information over at The Planted Tank (dot com, IIRC) - thOse guys really know their shiznit when it comes to lighting for plants.

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Iwasaki EYE is a good bulb at 6500K, but it maybe a bit too blue for your taste. Philips and other have a whole range of MH bulb with lower kelvin rating, and it is commonly available in most hydroponics store and HomeDepot.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: