• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I'm building a canopy for a 55 that will have two different MH reflector/ sockets and they take up all of the width of the canopy so there's no room left for putting a fluorescent up top. So I'm thinking of trying to install a bare fluorescent bulb below the MHs using just the endcaps for the bulb to plug into and something to support the bulb in the middle. Is this feasable? I wanna go the cheap route if I can- Home Depot shopping. Any suggestions?

taikonaut

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is possible. But be forewarned that the part of the tube closest to the hot MH bulb will not last very long. Flurescent is not designed to run very hot, even for PC/VHO

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really isn't practical to mount a flourescent light underneath two MHs is it? I've thought about this, and have just resigned myself to having a 55 without the neat dusk and dawn effects. If anyone knows of a MH/fluor/PC setup that will fit neatly into the canopy of a 55 gal (48"X12"), let me know. All I've seen are ones that will fit into 75 gals.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only fit into a 75? time to buy a new tank!

You could always slide the MH forward and put a single VHO actinic in the back, if you could get it far enough away from the mh.

B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: