• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bamm Bamm

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size bulkhead for Internal Overflow on 55gal
I'm going to be doing a Internal Overflow on my acrylic 55 witht he durso on the back wall using more than likely a 6"x6" internal overflow box.. My question is what size bulkhead should I use? and what size return pump should I use? I currently have a mag 12 but feel that this would probably be too big unless it would be safe to throttle it down a bit.. I am planning on having a return on each side of the tank and Maybe doing the overflow in the center of the tank or the left rear back of the wall. and suggestions would be great. i plan on doing this in the next week..
TIA dan

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do dual bulkheads to the sump for redundancy and go with a minimum of a 1.5" - 2" bulkhead. I've always been worried that a snail will get caught in anything smaller than that.

Shane

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the mag 12 would be fine. I have a mag 12 on my 110 and it drains just fine through 1" pipe. If you are worried about things getting blown around you can split the return.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: