• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ChumbawambaMan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on the back of my 120 gallon, i have a bunch of 3/4 inch vinyl tubes in a network connecting my two scwds, my 1 inch sea swirl, connecting my external pumps, and over the tubing and barbs i have some 1/4 inch zip ties. however, im finding theses arent holding as well as i had hoped. the tank is still in a garage and being tested with wet runs to find all the problems, and the only one left is the leaky connections between barb and vinyl tubing.

what about stainless steal clamps, the ones you screw tight? they shouldnt corrode or rust right because they wont be exposed to excessive amounts of salt...right? and you can get these down tight enough that there will be no leaking...right?

what do you think?
im sure this has been asked before, so i apologize for its....clichedness.

thank you so much
jordan

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that the stainless steel clamps would work fine for stoping your leak. If fact, I would be careful not to overtighten them.

They may in fact corrode over time, but you'll just have to keep an eye on them. They should last for quite a few years since they are not actually under water.

Louey

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to SS clamps, you may want to consider nylon hose clamps. Both are superior than zip ties.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: