• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

1937 Waco

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello:

I am looking for some egg crate stuff to put in my sump for my fuge project. I think that I read somewhere that you can get the stuff in the lighting section of Lowes. Of course they did not know what I was talking about. Could someone give me some guidance on where to get the stuff and if there is a common trade name.

Thanks, Bob 8O

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light diffuser, but usually they know what "eggcrate" is. I got mine at OSH years ago when I used it.

Jim

waterdogg

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw it in Home Depot here in Jersey. Ask for this
Ceiling Light Panels
"Specialty Lighting Panels" SKU 196247, 2' x 4', Eggcrate
or

"Replacement Eggcrate Louver" SKU 381358, White, Fits 2GT
Hope this helps.
Phil

Unarce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot is where I got mine, although I really had to search for it. Every representative there thought I should go to Albertson's when I asked for eggcrate.

dkonstrukt

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a sheet of eggcrate at Lowe's about two weeks ago because I was building a plenum. If I remember right it was over in the ceilling panel area and cost about $9 for a big sheet.

Juggsy

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys have one around you, Menards is the cheapest place we have found for eggcrating, it's like 8 bucks for a sheet. Just thought i'd help save you a buck or two.

bond007069

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
those dummies at lowes did not know what the heck i was talking about, i had to search for an hour but i finally found it, the info is accurate here about 9 bucks for a 4' x2' sheet of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: