• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

mark78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting ready to drill my tank. Holes will be in the back wall, not the bottom of the tank. I have 1.5" and 2" bulkheads availible.

What should I use? The 2"s are quite bulky, but imagine the flow...then again its for a sump how much flow there do I really want!

I am leaning twords 2, 1.5"s but cant decide if I should just go and use 2, 2" ones instead.

opinions?

tangir1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use the 2 inch, you can always make it to be like a 1.5 if you put a brushing on it....

The only issue is that two large 2 inch holes may look bad on a small tank... how big is it? is it one of those eight-feeters?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, two 2" holes on a 10 gallon tank is a LOT of flow.

If the tank is above 75, I'd go with both 2"

I just put a 1"outlet and two 1" returns on a 20.

B

mark78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
er sorry its a 125, 72x18 footprint. I just finished it up, can see at http://photos.yahoo.com/azuur_pdm click the overflow folder. Going to add a 4" section of PVC to each elbow tomorrow. any suggestions on a strainer? Due to the stupid top on the tank I don't see an overflow box working to well =/

ricky1414

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice setup, except for the "whoops" :D . I would have placed the bulkheads a little higher up on hte back wall, so as to not have to use hte pvc extenders. Looks really nice though!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: