• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Fl_Seagull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I get ballasts for PC.

I would like to retro fit a hood but seems I should be able to do this by matching the right ballast to the bulb. But, the matching part is confusing to say the least. Then finding someone who carries the ballast seem impossible.

It shouldn't be that hard. Anyone done this?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
advance ballasts. Workhorse line is what you want. I don't know if you can get them in aus, though.

B

Fl_Seagull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discovered that Lowes has the Sylvania equivalent (QT2x32 T8/120 ISN-SC) to the Advance REL-2P-32 ballast. That good for 2 each 32 watt bulbs. They also carry a QT4x32 T8/120 ISN-SC which could hand 2 each 55 watt bulbs or 1 each 96 watt bulb 8) .

Fl_Seagull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fl_Seagull":b78r4o15 said:
Discovered that Lowes has the Sylvania equivalent (QT2x32 T8/120 ISN-SC) to the Advance REL-2P-32 ballast. That good for 2 each 32 watt bulbs. They also carry a QT4x32 T8/120 ISN-SC which could hand 2 each 55 watt bulbs or 1 each 96 watt bulb 8) .

Can't get this to work. Looks Like I need to find an Advance ballast :(

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried switching hot and cold going to the lamp? Also, are you sure of the pin-out on your endcaps?

I'm thinking of adding some actinic PC to my 20 gallon I'm building, and this will be a great way to do it!

B

Fl_Seagull

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo":1nyhowph said:
Have you tried switching hot and cold going to the lamp? Also, are you sure of the pin-out on your endcaps?

I thought I tried this :? . Discovered the ballast will light 1x32 W lamp. It won't start 2 bulbs.

Thanks for causing me to recheck things.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: