• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Irie Eyes

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of such products as "Weld On" to bond acrylic, but I haven't been able to locate it. Anyone know where I could find this? Other suggestions would be nice as well, as I'm sure there are other products fit for the project.

-Dave

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WeldOn is one of the most common solvent cement. Check for them in sign shop or plastic shop. HomeBase used to carry a comparable solvent cement in brown bottle, but after it went out of business, its competitor, HomeDepot, does not seem to carry it.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes plastic shops should carry it. Check the yellow pages under plastic-rods, tubes, sheets, etc.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For little things like these, try local first due to shipping charge. But if it is like $4 for shipping, then it ain't that bad.

Rikko

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many, many different types of Weld-on for bonding different plastics as well. My eyes have crossed seeing the RC guys throw numbers around. Depending on the strength you require for what you're sealing, you might want to carefully choose your cement.

agiacosa

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most aquarium acrylic projects, I would recommend to you Weld-On #4 or MC-Bond. Where you are connecting acrylic with PVC, use Weld-On #40. I try to stay away from Weld-On #16.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: