• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

big t

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go! With a picture of a diy sump to boot

Attachments

• sump and skimmer.jpg
    sump and skimmer.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,667
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of the two beckett skimmers that I made during the Maco course.

You can really build good stuff if you learn how to work with acrylic.

Louey

Attachments

• dscn4765.jpg
    dscn4765.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 2,669

OhMatic

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys.
Is there anything you would do differently?

Louey, the two becket skimmersm, how do the two different sizes compair?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really couldn't say how they compare. The smaller one I built for a friend that has a 125G. He loves it.

The larger one was built for a 300G tank that I have not yet completed. I did run it on my 75G for a month and was very pleased with it. It is very responsive. It makes dry skimmate or wet. Just increase the air or stop down the drain with the gate valve.

Louey

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really couldn't say how they compare. The smaller one I built for a friend that has a 125G. He loves it.

The larger one was built for a 300G tank that I have not yet completed. I did run it on my 75G for a month and was very pleased with it. It is very responsive. It makes dry skimmate or wet. Just increase the air or stop down the drain with the gate valve.

Louey

S

scottm091

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting skimmer design louey- very nicely done. Could you share some info on the beckett enclosure and how you made the transition from pvc to acrylic tubing and back again on the injector tube?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure :D

Louey

Attachments

• dscn4780.jpg
    dscn4780.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,559
  • dscn4783.jpg
    dscn4783.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 2,560
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scottm091 wrote:

Could you share some info on the beckett enclosure and how you made the transition from pvc to acrylic tubing and back again on the injector tube?

I used a pvc fitting that is similar to a standard PVC male adapter, except there are no threads. I had to order them on-line somewhere, but I can't remeber where.

Here is the closest thing I have to a close-up picture.

Louey

Attachments

• dscn4771.jpg
    dscn4771.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2,557

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bassman57:

I'd make sure I had a couple ball valves and unions on those lines so you can remove either the skimmer or fluval for maintenance otherwise it looks fine.

Shane

LCI

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my second skimmer, 29" overall 6" diam

THEBEAST.JPG

fullshot.jpg

this my third DIY skimmer 29" mixing chamber 6" diam
44 3/4" over all

tallerskimmer9.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: