• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.
I ran across somthin on ebay that was a mix to make your own aquarium rock from argonite sand (or gravel).

Anyone ever try this kinda thing? I can see how it would be GREAT for making base rock (big arches, caves.. that kinda thing)

Have a good one!

B.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concerning the last post... couldnt you actually make LIVE rock if you used LIVE SAND for the process.. again.. in new.. so have mercy if it's rediculous.

B.

tenshi

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the GARF website and look under the "How To - Pages" under Agrocrete on the left. There's no need to buy Agronite and Portland Cement on eBay and then have to pay for shipping. It can get pretty costly, especially when you can get everything locally. Word of warning though, I've heard that it can make your pH shift drastically if you don't cure them properly. We're not talking about regular live rock curing though. So check out the GARF website.

sawyerc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished making my own rock as per GARF's instructions. It works really well as long as you cure it for a while in freshwater. I used one part normal gray cement mixed with 5 parts southdown tropical play sand from home depot. I dug the molds from southdown as well. This is really cheap and fun if you have the time and patience. Good luck. Read up. Have fun.

Sawyer

dick182

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the deal on ebay, it's from http://www.thelebos.com/
It seems to be pretty good, i haven't tried it yet. It is nice to have a printed manual in front of you.
I could have just gone to garf and printed it I'm sure, but their site is so confusing and self serving, i didn't bother.

kevreh

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart tip on curing.... If your pieces are small enough put them in the water reservoir in your toilet. That way they'll get a fresh fill of water each time you flush.

Kevin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: