• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ap7141

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 " Linear inches of overflow.....Dual 1-1/2 " Inch Durso Standpipes..........30 $ and 3 hours of your time

Attachments

• picture 001.jpg
    picture 001.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 937
  • picture 002.jpg
    picture 002.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 938
  • picture 003.jpg
    picture 003.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 941
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for sharing. However, is there any description of the various parts, or direction to assemble them together?

ap7141

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just clamp a piece of acrylic to a bench and leave the length you want to bend overhanging...heat the edge of where the bend is going to be with a small propane torch or arts and crafts heat gun and apply steady pressure in a few minutes the piece will bend...hold in position and pour cool water on it....repeat steps until box is bent....then cut sides to fit...use zap gel glue to hold them on and then silicone all internal seams......for the overflow teeth i just ran the piece on a table saw(or you can use a dremel tool with cutting disk) drill hole and attach with nylon wing nuts...you dont even need bulkheads just go to home depot and get two inch and a half fittings thread X Slip drill holes in box and plop them in..on the outside where the water drains to sump use two inch and a half thread X slip couplings and in home depot they have rubber grommets put these in between the fittings before you screw them in the overflow box....add some eggcrate and your done.....4 bends on the outside box ..2 bends on the internal box..acrylic at home depot is like 5 dollars for a 18 X 24 sheet 1/4 inch

J

jsweir

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like your limiting factor is the two 1" pipes which will severely restrict your flow. I would guess less than 600 gph. I had a CPR 100 which actually gave 10" of overflow and that only provided about 600 gph.

ap7141

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 1 inch pipes were put there just for the photo....a local plastic company is making me 1-1/2 " inch u tubes just waiting for them to finish them.......its not the size of the pipe really, the real determining factor is how far down the water falls from the top of the tank..most overflows are only about 4 inches of drop till the deviding wall....mine is 6 " that combined with the 2 1-1/2 tubes it will be plenty.....already tested my Mag 18(1800 GPH) with only 3 1 inch tubes and the pump only has 1 foot of head and it ran Beautifully

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: