• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

This seems easy, don't know why I can't seem to solve it.

I just want to attach my RO (1/4 inch hose) to the same place my washing machine attaches, with a y-valve. It is a garden hose type faucet, 3/4 inch.

I found what I thought was the right thing at home depot, but when I took it apart at home it had a little metal ring in the 1/4 end that I guess gets forced into the tubing, and is made for metal tubing, maybe?

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

A

Anonymous

It should be "hose to 1/4 RO fitting," not the other way around, Dan. At first, I thought you want to use RO water to wash clothing... upper class people in Upstate NY do that, you know. ;)

Check the RainBird and drip irrigation section of HomeDepot. There is a hose to RO fitting that will work.

A

Anonymous

I picked up a garden hose "Y" with ball valves on each outlet at HD and ordered the hose to 1/4" adapter from MarineDepot as I was already placing an order there for other things.

Funny though, none of the upper class folks I knew when I lived in Upstate NY washed with RO water. Well, at least, not that I knew of I guess.. - Wasn't a topic of discussion and their staff handled washing their clothes anyway. :?

Us poor upper-middle class folk washed our own though and it definitely wasn't with RO! :wink:

Dazz

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did something similar, just using a brass Y addapter from the garden dept and a bunch of metal reducer pipes. I then put a garden hose timer in line with it so I wont have overflowing of my RO container. The timer is an egg timer style so I just turn it upto 120 min and let it go. Perfect for me IMO.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dazz, welcome to RDO.

I like the suggestion of the timer for RO. In fact, that's how I set mine up so that it only turn on once a day to limit the RO membrane creep issue. There is no point in having it turn on and off for half a gallon of RO 50 times a day.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the RainBird and drip irrigation section of HomeDepot. There is a hose to RO fitting that will work.

You are a lovely man, thank you.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perhaps I missed something here but just in case. I hope you are not taking ro/di water and passing it through a copper (or other metal for that matter) fixture. RO/DI is much more coorsive than tap and will result in high copper levels through even a short length of copper pipe.

So if you are thinking of routing the ro/di I trust it will be a plastic type fitting.

Bob

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh! Turns out here in the moist east coast Home Despot doesn't carry any Rainbird Irrigation stuff. Guess I will go back to fiddling with fittings there till I find one....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: