• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

drbdc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would I use to divide a stock tank up for inlet/skimmer, return, and refugium. I bought a 110 gallon at the local feed store. Should I just place smaller containers inside? If so, would I want the volume of the main container to be the fuge since it's so large? That would make all my water pass through the fuge before return, but would also skim all the water before the fuge unless I "T" off the overflow from the main tank.

I'm getting closer to being able to have a beautiful tank of just water. :lol:

I've got most the equip but haven't built the skimmer or canopy yet.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put two container like you are suggesting. Have the tank drain in to the same container as the skimmer pulls from. Let the overflow be the fuge feed. On the other continer have the skimmer return and the main tank feed. Try to pull the water from close to the bottom to minimise bubbles. Put your top off water valve in the last container since it will be the on to vary with evaporation. If you do not you could burn up you pump.

drbdc

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Never had one with a sump and since I'm spending my kids college fund, :)) I want to do it right.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: