• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

A

Anonymous

I just put Schuran coarse reactor media into my Myreefcreations CR-2, and replaced the clear 1/2" tubing that served as my feed and recirculating lines with black vinyl tubing from Lee. I'm trying the coarse media in the hope that it doesn't turn into mush when it dissolves to less than 1/4 the height of the reactor chamber like ARM does (I know some people will suggest not to drive the reactor as hard to prevent mush, but my tank is full of sps corals). I'd welcome any feedback from others who've used Schuran media in non-Schuran reactors.

I put in the black vinyl tubing in order to prevent the growth of algae inside the tubing which impeded flow.

1IMG_0167.jpg

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, but unfortunately, I gotta tell you from personal experience even big chucks of aragonite will turn into mush as it dissolves. I think it's just something you gotta learn to live with.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, but unfortunately, I gotta tell you from personal experience even big chucks of aragonite will turn into mush as it dissolves. I think it's just something you gotta learn to live with.

Oh well, I guess I'll be looking forward to scooping out some more high calcium creamy oatmeal a few months from now. I've heard the reverse flow reactors like the Reeftek help prevent mush and compaction.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: