• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ctxmonitor1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I wanted to know some techniques that you use on your fish tank background.

I see alot of you either paint your glass with black or blue. What type of paint do you use and where do you get it?

Oh, I read that some of you lay a black sticky sheet on the back.. This way it is very easy to take of and not have to paint it. What is this material called and where would I buy it??

I am in the process of setting up a 75 gal tank and needs this information..

Thanks again.

ddold

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Ocean Visions backgrounds ... its self adhesive and easy to apply with a little soapy water and a credit card. It comes in a couple shades of blue and black.

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest thing to do is simply paint the outside your tank back with latex paint:) That what I do on all my tanks (even though coraline algae eventually covers the back).

Buy it anywhere.. Wallmart, Lowes, Home Depot.. anywhere.

ddold

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ctxmonitor":3ry8g8ox said:
ddold, where do you get yours from?

A local shop carries it ... Aquatic Life Forms if you're in the San Francisco area. I just tossed the the slip of paper that came with it that had the company info on it, too.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spray paint. put a light inside the tank while you're spraying. Put a bunch of light coats on the tank, rather than trying to cover with one coat.

I've used theatrical lighting gel for smaller tanks.

B

ctxmonitor1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spray paint? Is that hard to remove? I like the adhesive black background. It is easy to apply and remove.. I think...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: