• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SnowManSnow

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I THINK it is a system 3 hood.. it is the one that covers the 29 or 30 gallon tanks... I think the measurements are 12deep by abou 30wide.

Anyway.. is there anyone out there that knows of a PC retrofit that will go onto one of these things?

Better question... has anyone succcesfully done it??

B.

luckycat

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SnowManSnow":z8aimdra said:
I THINK it is a system 3 hood.. it is the one that covers the 29 or 30 gallon tanks... I think the measurements are 12deep by abou 30wide.

Anyway.. is there anyone out there that knows of a PC retrofit that will go onto one of these things?

Better question... has anyone succcesfully done it??

B.

Hi, there is a power compact retrofit kit that (was) available at Champion Lighting, 65w, for about $70. I put that in our Eclipse 3 hood and it's done a fine job (FOWLR). However, it gets HOT, as it "settles" the acrylic cover over the lights will warp a bit!

I'm moving up to a 90g from my current 37g...will probably use this retrofit kit over my fuge.

Tab8715

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rlschne":2zoim7lb said:
i used a retro from ahsupply.com for my 12 gal fw eclipse - great kit btw...

How did it turn out? Do you have any pictures? I've been thinking of doing the same myself.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any word on this?

I was going to set up a 12g nano cube dx with the 2 24w pc lights in my office.

As I discussed it with a co-worker, my boss came by and asked what I was planning. He was excited and wanted me to set up a reef in the conference room.

He has an eclipse 12 gallon that he never took out of the box and he's giving it to me for the project. FREE TANK!

So I can't pass it up. Now I have to figure out how to turn it into a reef.

Maybe I can trade it in at my LFS for a nano cube. :?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: