• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

wyw

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am changing things in my 50 G. house tank. I'm going to add a refugium in the sump as well as add a closed loop with a SCWD and get rid of the power heads in the tank. I am following the directions on Melve's Reef for the loop
http://www.melevsreef.com/closedloop.html but am unsure how strong of a pump I should use.

I have a mag.7 in my sump now I am wondering if it is better to have more flow going through the sump or the loop?

I figure I need to buy 2 new pumps between this tank and the new one in the garage that came with a RIO 2100. I could move the mag7 to the garage sump and buy 2 pumps for the house tank or I could keep the mag7 as the return in the house and buy 1 pump for the house closed loop and 1 pump for the garage sump.

I was looking at the MAG 9.5 or 12 or maybe a dolphin or Quiet One. The sump pumps needs to be submersable.

The tanks are mostly softies and LPS corals.

Thanks
Wendy

No need to greet me, I have been around reefs.org for years. I just forgot my username, pasword and changed email accounts. These things happen with age. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would add a mag 12 to the closed loop and keep the 7 for the return.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: