• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

carsimex

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found me a sump / refuge
I have been looking for something I can use for a sump / refuge for a log time and finally I have found it. It was in front of me all this time, but I was using it for something also and did not think about it. My uncle build it for me very long time ago when he worked on the acrylic production plant (if I just knew then). It measures 19 7/8 X 48 ¾ and divided into three equal sections 19 7/8 X 16 ¼. Walls thickness may be a little small 5/16 but there is little 2/8 beam that runs along each joint for reinforcement. Each section holds 15 G. I did a water test for 5 days and no leaks and did not any bow at all. My plan to use one corner section for refuge, other one to run skimmer in, split entering water between these sections and return it to the tank from the middle one. What would be the best way to construct baffles? Right now all of the dividers are equal height.

Attachments

• IMG_5543_small.jpg
    IMG_5543_small.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_5544_small.jpg
    IMG_5544_small.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_5546_small.jpg
    IMG_5546_small.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 774
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could "DE" construct baffles.

I would either dremmel or drill holes in the existing partitions.
Make sure the holes/slots/cutouts are consecutively lower. And make sure you leave enough room in the sump that it won't overflow in a power outage.

GL
B

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: