• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to wire up my halides to the sockets, and I'm looking for recommendations on high quality quick-disconnect type connectors (male and female). Preferably, it should be water resistent as with anything around an aquarium :P

npaden

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wired up my own using outdoor grounded extension cords. Does that count as "high quality"? ;)

Seems to work fine for the last 4.5 years although I've never disconnected them! ;) My hood weighs about 200lbs and my wife can't hold up her half!

FWIW, Nathan

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about that as well. Just get a short extension card and chop off the two ends, terminate with butt connectors, and heat shrink. But I keep wondering if there isn't a more elegant solution :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used SO cord and good Hubbell cord caps. Twist lock is not needed. The regurlar cord caps plug in very firmly even though they are hanging in the air.

Louey

Bryan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those type of connectors are only rated for 12 to 24 volt systems.

knucklehead":2h5opihz said:
http://order.waytekwire.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+L0A9CA62468880700BA9C032+M37+ENG

Look on this page under molded connectors.

They would be what you call an elegant solution....

By the way, we use Waytek products on our boats, they have really good quality products.

cklayko2000

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to an auotparts store an buy some late model GM connectors. These are connectors that GM uses in their cars engine departments, they resist corrosion and are water tight.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: