• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

bhanson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to fit a 30" X 12" sump in a standard 75G stand with doors and a filled tank above. I find out today it is not going to fit w/o removing and replacing some wood or emptying the tank and going in from the top. Any one have a similar experience or some ideas on how I could get the sump in there.

The stand has the doors in front and the two center/vertical pieces of wood on both the front and back and the paneling everywhere else.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of these stands are glued, and they are not build to have the center pieces removed for putting in the sump. This is why I make my own stands.

There are ways, but it won't be easy. You can try to assemble the sump inside the stand after you take it apart, for example. Either way, it is going to be a lot of work.

Try to find smaller sump, or as two separate sumps. Or see if you want to cut one of the center support off (you may want to partially drain your tank to a temporary holding container to make sure the stand can support it.) and then put the leg back on.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I give you a piece of advice?

Put whatever sump you are going to use inside the stand with the tank on top and the stand together completely.

Do not stick it in from the top (which is what I did)

You will regret it later down the road.

I am going to be moving my sump to my basement and the only option I have for getting that tank out is to bust it up, which is going to be a mess!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>... I have for getting that tank out is to bust it up, which is going to be a mess!

Well, can't you take the sump apart inside the tank or cut it up with a glass scorer, so that you won't have a million pieces of glasses to clean up?

Or be a real man, and break down the display tank, and get it out of the top, so that you can save $40 for the glass tank? ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: