• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd show off Google's newest free offering: SketchUp

http://sketchup.google.com/index.html

To quote them: "SketchUp is a simple but powerful tool for quickly and easily creating, viewing and modifying your 3D ideas."

I installed it the other night and just started playing with it today as I wanted to model my 80 gal tank that I someday will setup after my house move. Here's the result (attachment).

IMO it's a pretty nice package for the person that just wants to do a bit of modeling and doesn't want to take the time to learn Blender3D, Maya, Lightwave, etc.

Enjoy! :D

Shane

Attachments

• empty-box-w-overflow+teeth+hole+opacity.png
    empty-box-w-overflow+teeth+hole+opacity.png
    18 KB · Views: 2,029
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have limitations?

Such as only 30 days or no printing or anything like that?

Thought I'd ask before I install it...

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's free for your usage. The Pro version adds the following features that aren't available w/ the free version:

* Print and export raster images at higher-than-screen resolution.

* Access to the following 3D export formats: DWG, DXF, 3DS, OBJ, XSI, VRML and FBX.

* Export animations and walkthroughs as MOV (Mac) or AVI (Windows) files.

* Use the Sandbox Tools (for organic modeling of terrain, etc) and the Film & Stage Tools (for pre-viz work).

* Have access to free email tech support for two years from purchase.

Shane

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat. Is it easy to create cyliner and sphere? I guess I will give it a try. 8)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using it for over a year, quite a fun program with a very easy learning curve. Easier then the three years it took me to master 3d Studio :roll:

liquid

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easy learning curve is what I like the most. I worked a bit with Lightwave for a while and while it's an excellent program it was just too much to do the basic modeling I wanted. I've wanted to mess a bit with Blender3D but just haven't had the time yet. :P

Shane

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: