• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Claudey

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reckon this would work?

It would be coupled with a separate fuge that is above the sump and would drain into the return bay.

sumpidea9ws.jpg

sumpidea16ap.jpg

sumpidea23in.jpg

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water inlet square area should have a taller edge than the adjacent area to the crytic section and the skimmer bay, so that water will not spill over the edge. May not be a concern. Is there any plan to add light to the cryptic area?

Very cool, BTW.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with 7E that the water inlet area should be taller. That'll help diffuse some bubbles.

I'd add a couple more baffles if you have room. You can never have too many baffles.

Louey

Claudey

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a few changes, i will add more baffles if i have room when i come to it, also i will increase their distance apart when i actually build it :)

sumpidea32zy.jpg

Claudey

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer to building the sump now, the following is a scale drawing of what it will look like.

Size (in inches) is 18L, 24W, 12H

Comments are welcome, as i am about to build this thing.

Cheers

sumpidealast3mo.jpg

sumpidealast11ho.jpg

sumpidealast26ab.jpg

sumpidealast34lb.jpg

sumpidealast45nz.jpg

sumpidealast57oy.jpg

Bubble trap is an UOU.

To ensure water flows from bottom to top of cryptic area i have put an initial 'under' baffle to force the water down, then back up to the exit again.

I have a tremendous amount of space in the right hand compartment, which will house an OR3500 and a heater. If anyone has any constructive comments as to what i can use this space for, i would be grateful

rayman

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great,

i have only one bubble trap in my sump, and dont see reason for another one

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL812/43 ... 690449.jpg

dont have a problem with bubbles, and the flow is like 1100 gal an hour ( mag 2400 pump )

if thats going to be just a sump its good but you will find there is NEVER enought room in your sump for silly things like heaters/uv ( if you go that way ) auto top up stuff..... the list goes on, probes ( if you go that way ) take up space

your cryptic zone i think is simular toa benthic zone ? no ?

slow movement, algea and what have you

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: