• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KRP

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to glue some baffles into my acrylic sump and was wondering if what I picked up at the local glass store was safe to use.

The stuff I picked up is called Accubond. Comes mixed in a small plastic squirt bottle with a needle applicator. This is what they gave me and said that it is made for glueing acrylic.

Is this stuff safe for my livestock once it has dried?

Thanks for any help.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should come with ingredient list. Should be fine once it is dried. Make sure you work in a well ventilated area with these solvent.

KRP

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I tried to find Weld On #4 but couldn't find it locally.

I have tried to do some research on the web but I'm not having much luck. I have found that Accubond is the name of the Corporation based in Pa. but that is about it. Couldn't find any product information.

I also think this epoxy would be safe to use once dry but I guess it is better to be safe than sorry. It didn't come in a bottle with an ingredient label. I guess they just poured some out into a small plastic applicator bottle. Told me to keep it in the refridgerator or it would evaporate. Thanks for the help.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: