• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jeff,

How's it going?

I used 3/4 inch black tubing to plumb my SCWD - what I did was I bought a barbed hose adapter that was female threaded one one side and used that to screw onto my lockline tubing and ran the barbed side with the black hose to the SCWD.

I think I may have a picture of it somewhere - email me at [email protected] and i'll see if I can find it for you.

Later on!

Jim

jcurry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jim,
Things are going well, but house projects have pushed back the start up of the reef tank. You know those 3 weekend projects that end up taking 3 months.
I was thinking of using a 1/2" slip x FPT adpater and glue in a piece of solid PVC rod. Then drill out the rod to match the dia. of the SCWD output. I really want a rigid connection so I can attach it to the back of the canopy with 1 pipe clamp.
Does your Loc line shift or move with that type of connection? How is it fastened to the canopy or tank?

Jeff

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Jeff,

I know that feeling - projects take time and time is not a comodity :)

Mine actually is pretty solid and there were two cut outs in my overflow that the connector screws to hold the lockline - if you email me at [email protected] I can send you a picture and you can see how neat it fits into that corener overflow space. Let me know if you want to see it.

Jim

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: