• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jdepp

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey just wanted to share that i made a nano sized kalk reactor,one problem is that i've never used one before and only know a little about them as far as how they are used. so i started out with the impression that they are fed via an ro unit. not having an ro unit i use ro in a 1 gallon sized container,i put a pump in there hooked to a float switch witch is in the tank,when the level in the tank drops it turns on the pump in the fresh h20 container and pumps it through the 2nd container which is the reactor chamber h20 is forced from the reactor through the pressure tubing and into the tank until the float switch is turned off, problem happened when the cycle ended the ph rose to like 10 all corals closed up.i had'nt had this hooked up and let the evap go too much before hooking it up, i usually do topoffs but wanted to see it in action usually there is alot less to top off then what i did with the reactor i'm not too sure but i believe that the "real" kalk reactors have a special pump that allows the control of how many drops per min go into the sump. as of right now my reactor turns on when the h20 level drops like a quarter inch i dosed like an inch of kalk water to the tank which i think caused the spike and in turn stressed the corals,anyone with any knowledge of the kalk reactors please help with any info, i should also let you know that this is a nano sized reactor only like a gallon with a gallon fresh h20 to feed it so its like a 2 gallon setup for a 2.5 gallon tank sps clams. i know i don't need to have it but i am a diy junkie and would like to get this thing working properly,i did take pics of the setup and of it now so you can tell me what to do next, thank you in advance and my corals and clams also thank you i will put this on hold for tank use until its working properly, also i think i put too much kalk in it i put like 3 teaspoons to a gallon, i read that you should put alot so the mix can last a while mabey i should just lower it to like 1 teaspoon so it6s not so intense.

L

lucky reefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i live in staten island you can check out my kalk system anytime
nick

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: