• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

ap714

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Made this out of Acrylic(heated and bent)Tested it with 55 lbs. of sump rock from Reefer Rocks and its super strong...Its going to make an awesome Reefscape once I get my live rock on it...Hopefully any exposed edges will be virtually invisible under water....Here is the link to the photo...-----> web page

[ November 30, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: ap714 ]

ap714

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Live Rock is in the Tank and on the rack I made....REEF RACK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a look at this.... Photo

[ December 02, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: ap714 ]

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
It will be invisible. untill it's coated with pink and purple coraline! And we all know that the plastic things get coated first!

Looks cool, can't wait untill we see pics with some rock up there!

BC

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
None of my busienss, but thought I'd poke my nose in -

You will probably need more live rock than that if you want to have a good biological filtration and . .

get rid of that glass thermometer - all you need is one set of chasing tangs run into that badboy and . . . . BAM glass amd mercury (or whatever they are using in them nowadays) all into your system.

Rack looks awesome, though - very creative and gives a nice front-view cave for little cliff hangers

House

ap714

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There is 180 LBS Total of Live Rock 60 Lalo Select/45 Fiji Premium/25 Tonga Branch and 55 LBS of base Rock in the sump Plus a 5 inch Sand bed in the Display and 6 Inches of sand in the reefugium....I thought it was 1-2 LBS per gallon, I think it should be okay....The thermometer is in there just until the rock is done curing.

[ December 05, 2004, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: ap714 ]

4angel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exellent job. great looking tank. I wanted to know if thoses are plastic ties holding the rock or keeping the rack together.

ap714

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The plastic ties are holding the rock to the rack...they are now starting to color over with purple coraline algae...i will post pics soon...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: