• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
i'd like to upgrade the baLLast and put in a faN so it iSnt so hot in that black meTal box :bigeyes2: :sigh1: i caN rip up a computer system and put it baK together but am freaked out by eLectricaL stuFF... :sgrin:

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
you know those bricks/transformers people don't know what to do w/once their electronic toy breaks? U get one of those preferably 12v, hook up pos & neg, there u go. instant cooling fan for yo hot ballast box.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not exactly rocket science, I mod my mag ballast to electronic recently, also keep in mind that a electronic ballast runs alot cooler, not just a little we're talking alot cooler.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My ballast actually came w/the same cooling fans u find in most PCs.
I don't think you'll be able to pick one up from H Depot.
I would go to either Radio Shack or Comp USA and pick one up there, or I can give you the ones that came with my MH for free. I took them out cause they were too noisy (they cool the MH), replaced them w/ultra quiet ones, won't matter to you cause you'll have it in the box.

inline6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
inkblue said:
cooL, maybe you can show me how to do it when you pick up your tank. does that ballas handle 175s?

ballast does 175w from Hellolights. what kind of MH setup did you get?
Aquatraders was one the last few co. that still uses mag ballast.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: