• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Built my stand for my 150g tank over the weekend. Covered it in plywood. Was wondering if I should use foam or not under the tank. I'm not to crazy bout the idea-

what are your thoughts?

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
drunktank said:
Built my stand for my 150g tank over the weekend. Covered it in plywood. Was wondering if I should use foam or not under the tank. I'm not to crazy bout the idea-

what are your thoughts?
I have the rubber interlocking mats under my tank and sump. I bought them at HD

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Paul,
I would guess that it would be under the tank and between the bottom glass and stand. That is what I'm using on my 102g and basically it replaces the styro that I happen to use under the 120g.

Guessing it displaces any uneven weight due to not a perfectly level stand.

I know Glass Cages stated that the warranty is void without the styro inbetween the tank and stand.

kimoyo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks Warren,

I'm going to be taking my tank off the stand on Wednesday to drill some holes so I wanted to get something new for it. Right now I have the plywood and then pink insulation foam under it. But I never really liked the pink stuff because it barely had a 2' width. I was going to get some of the white styrofoam but this might be better. Do you like this better than the styro? Is it easy to cut to fit? Thanks again.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: