• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey guys well im embarking on another journey in the marine water department. hehe. im actually making my own rock. i already have 1 batch made and the 2nd back which hopefully will look alot better due to the holes and stuff that i made sure this 2nd batch will have i will post pictures when they are ready.

ps my dad suprised me with a 20 gallon tank that i used to have about 5 years ago.. i thought he threw it out but he wrapped it up in a big garbage bag and saved it on the side. so now im using that to cure the rock. so far batch 1 is curing.. prob going to wait 3 weeks to a month for it ot cure. im going to be doing massive water changes and checking ph 3 times a week :) :sigh1: .

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey ink im gonna check the parameters tonite. the 1st batch was sitting in there from last night i wouldnt doubt the ph being insanely high. and alkalinity. although i dont have an alkalinity test kit but i will get one soon. as of now there is a basic 20 wat flour. light on top of the tank. its sitting in fresh water no salt to cure it. i also added some calcium to see what happens. the water is moving by a double filter. no filtration media. will be doing test on the water tonite and taking some pics...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
lolz maybe tom. nite when i make the 3rd batch. these rocks been comming out big. im trying different shapes and sizes. trying to find that perfect shape. its not easy to make that shape. but i tested the ph and the color was an extremely brigh purple or violet. very very high. pics comming soon.

gil716

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
somewhere in the vastness of cyberspace, I read that the use of vinegar will speed up the curing process. i guess the acidity will help bring down the alkaline nature of the rocks.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
here are some pics of the rock i made so far. i have a bunch of diff. sizes and shapes. hopefully everything works out well. im curing them now. today is the 1st full day there in freshwater with white vinegar. tom. is the 2nd and last day then they go back in reg. freshwater. then to the saltwater.

i will be doing ph test before i even bother using saltwater.

Attachments

• myrock1.jpg
    myrock1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 132
  • myrock2.jpg
    myrock2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 134
  • myrock3.jpg
    myrock3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 137

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: