• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
hey guys im actually thinking about doing a 3 baffle left side were the water will be coming in from the overflow then it will do it over under over into the middle/refugium/sump part then do another set of baffles on the right maybe 2 baffles for the return. how does that sound.

joseney21

FDNY MEDIC
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
wouldn't it be better to switch the return and refugium sections around??gives you control over the flow in the fuge (making it very low flow, not the turn over of your tank) and lets you dump some nutrient rich water on it as well.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
yea thats pretty much the exact design i want to use. house thanks a bunch. for the overflow you think a 600 gph overflow will work well with a 75 gallon tank. and for a return pump i was thinking about using a mag drive 9.5 at about 4-5ft drive up to the tank. hows that. also i will be using a insump skimmer if someone has a good one they got for sale let me know. i need one. i also need a overflow pref. new with everything. and the pump i need. let me no what you guys can do for me. pm me if ya can. thanks in advance.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: