• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
ok, well i have never done anything DIY, before, and i own 0 tools and no saw and no drill and owning a scredriver set would really be pushing it. i also live in mnahtann in an apartment so i have no shed or garage were i can make my own stuff.

now your all gonna laugh at what im gonna build, but its my first time ever holding a drill actually and ever doin anything with wood, so hold you snicker back.
i need to do this as my temporary holding for my pendant, cause i ant hang it off the ceiling.

im gonna be doin this with a non reefer friend, who has some stuff to do it with.

just wanna know if anybody has done this before, or has any tips.
also any ideas of how to cover all sides to make a almost full canopy(though that might be pushing it with my experiance)

this is not my pic, but what i hope to build is what is holding up his pendant temporarily. :)

Any advice for a newbie DIYer

Attachments

• prop1.jpg
    prop1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 127
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
joe there are so many different ways to make a hood these days. the stand is the easy part. the hood is easy in a way if you no what your doing. let me no if ya need any advice or send a pm my way if you have a rough idea on what you want to do.. ill go on that..

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
hermangareis said:
Thats a neat frag tank. Me like a lot!!! Must copy. Im stealing your idea.
yeah it is pretty neat, its basic, and i guess effective. just dont like the remora in the middle of the viewing area

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Tonyscoots84 said:
joe there are so many different ways to make a hood these days. the stand is the easy part. the hood is easy in a way if you no what your doing. let me no if ya need any advice or send a pm my way if you have a rough idea on what you want to do.. ill go on that..

thanks alot,
i think ill need some help if i actually do it, though from this pic, it doesnt look so so bad, even for me ...lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: