CristianD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I picked up the SWC 160 about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. Very quiet skimmer and very efficient. Constantly pulls out "stuff". Also easy to adjust for wet or dry skimming. Very well built skimmer. Some people have had problems with the pump not starting up. Ive had no problems with it.

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I picked up the SWC 160 about 6 months ago and couldn't be happier. Very quiet skimmer and very efficient. Constantly pulls out "stuff". Also easy to adjust for wet or dry skimming. Very well built skimmer. Some people have had problems with the pump not starting up. Ive had no problems with it.
Cool it seems like a nice skimmer , my mtc has 250 is huge. How many inches of water do you have the skimmer in. Are there any articles on eshopss vs swc?
I was just checking this out http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=202

Last edited:

Lee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Cool it seems like a nice skimmer , my mtc has 250 is huge. How many inches of water do you have the skimmer in. Are there any articles on eshopss vs swc?
I was just checking this out http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=202

As far as cadlights; my current setup is a Cadlights 39G Pro X-1. The tank build quality is excelent. I am not as Impressed with the rest of the equipment or plumbing. The setup included everything. Less than 2 years after purchasing I have already upgraded my lights & am in the process of having a custom sump built because I need to upgrade the skimmer that came with the setup. It came with a BM 3+ skimmer that's just not cutting it. The design of the sump is such that I can't fit a descent skimmer. I contacted Eddie, the owner of Cadlights, after seeing their new skimmer. He offered to sell me a new sump & skimmer for $400 (the new Pro-X2 setup is $850 with light, tank, stand, sump & skimmer). While I am very happy with my tank, my concern with Cadlights is that thier equipment product line has changed so much in the last year and a half that they no longer sell any of the same equipment other than the actual tank that I purchased. There is no reason to believe that a year from now they will have discontinued the current skimmer for something with a better design. Sorry if I'm rambling.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I wouldn't buy either of those skimmers. Google the owner of SWC. Complete dirtbag.

The eshopps (from what I've read and heard about) isn't well balanced and the pump isn't great. I've read many instances where the pump was extremely loud and or it died only a few months of run time.

The i-Tech is one of the best skimmer lines out there. However theyre not being made currently. They show up every now and then in the used forums. I've heard the owner is going to start making them again. i-Tech is based in Florida.

What's your budget?

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I just brought a Sro reefoctopus XP 2000 sss cone skimmer from Russ . Ill let you know how that Skimmer works.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I wouldn't buy either of those skimmers. Google the owner of SWC. Complete dirtbag.

The eshopps (from what I've read and heard about) isn't well balanced and the pump isn't great. I've read many instances where the pump was extremely loud and or it died only a few months of run time.

The i-Tech is one of the best skimmer lines out there. However theyre not being made currently. They show up every now and then in the used forums. I've heard the owner is going to start making them again. i-Tech is based in Florida.

What's your budget?
300 is my budet and foot print 9x9

ChrisB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

What's your budget?
http://blog.aquanerd.com/2011/12/swc-owner-convicted-of-illegal-importing.html

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
$300 should get you a very good skimmer. However the 9x9 footprint is a bit tough.

Check out the Warner Marine MF line. I'm looking at a 121 for my tank. The footprint isn't terrible. Typically space saver skimmers (with the pump contained inside the skimmer) are going to be your best (only) bet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: